Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Album That Changed My Life
















As I embark on my post-collegiate journey to market myself and find work in the entertainment industry it’s important to remember where and what I've come from.  Almost five years ago I discovered an artist and album that changed my life.  In the midst of my transformation into the individual I am today I was looking for something new, in more ways than one.  I've always loved the male vocalist - soulful street corner harmonies and the doc-wop movement gives me chills - but I had never spent much time listening to vocal jazz and its melodic crooning sounds.  That was until one sunny afternoon in May of 2005 when I visited my parents after finishing my daily run, and next to the stereo was Michael Buble's album, 'It's Time'; so I sampled it.  I fell in love with the first song, a cover of Nina Simone’s, ‘Feeling Good’.  The song epitomized my state of mind at the time.  Buble’s passionate rendition triggered a feeling I had not experienced in far too long.  Feeling Good quickly became my anthem, and the song I had no problem putting on repeat and listening to over and over again.  To this day that album takes me back to a time in my life that I will never forget.  A time when its introduction could not have been more therapeutic and motivating…
Cheers, to the power of music and a positive attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment